Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Involuntary Jerk of My Liberal Knee

I came home from work tonight and my partner informed me that Cindy Sheehan had been arrested by the Capital police just before the State of the Union address. I wondered what the charges might have been, was she disturbing the peace, was she naked? It turns out that she was an invited guest and she was carted away on some charges that have yet to be announced. I wondered aloud if we are living in a police state? I know that sounds like some radical idea, but I'm curious, what were the charges?

The police in DC who show up to a crime scene 45 minutes after the crime happens were pretty swift to respond to the activist in the Halls of Congress. What sort of nation do we live in? We arrest the mother of a soldier who gave his life for his nation, and let the liar address the nation for forty minutes? Who is the criminal in this scenario? The man who lied to a nation, or the mother who lost her son? One is in jail, and the other free to commit more crimes.

What has happened to American Justice?

1 Comments:

Blogger Neil said...

Hi Tank Gurl

I was in DC this weekend - visiting my girlfriend's son - he's at Catholic U - a good kid. I thought of our visit here to march against the war with you and Mary Ellen. I hope you are well and happy.

Wishing you good things, always,

Neil

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home